Warning to Shareholders
You should be aware that fraudsters, mostly based overseas, sometimes make unsolicited contact with shareholders offering investment advice or to buy their shares or to sell shares on their behalf at prices which can be significantly higher than the market price of the share. Quite often these transactions turn out to be worthless and can result in a loss to the shareholder.
Some Asa Resource Group PLC shareholders have recently experienced unsolicited and unauthorised approaches. If you should receive such a call you should:
- Remain vigilant – if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
- Take a note of the correct name and contact details of the person and organisation that has contacted you
- Check if the company or individual is appropriately authorised by a financial regulator – see contact details below
- Obtain independent advice from a qualified advisor or stockbroker
- Report any unsolicited approaches in relation to your shares to the company’s registrar
- Do not respond to high pressure tactics and do not provide details of your personal financial affairs if you are unsure of the bona fide nature of the caller
UK – The Financial Services Authority (FSA)
Check the FSA Register at www.fsa.gov.uk/fsaregister or
Call the FSA Consumer Helpline on: +44 (0) 845 606 1234
Ireland – Central Bank of Ireland
Check the Central Bank register at www.centralbank.ie or
Call the Central Bank on: +353 (0) 1 224 4000
For further information see the FSA Share Fraud Warning Notice (PDF - 143KB)